Sunday, October 1st: Walking Through, Not Dwelling in, the Valleys of Our Lives
Text: Psalm 23:4-6
- When God is wanting to shape us and mold us, He leads us through the valley.
Romans 8:18 and Psalm 119:105
- The Lord is with us and He’s at work in the midst of our valley.
Sometimes the Lord will lead us into valleys where it’s just us & Him.
Matthew 28:3, Hebrews 13:5, II Timothy 4:16-18, Job 2:9, Job 23:10, Luke 24:21
- His rod and His staff comfort us in the midst of our valley.
His staff leads us and protects us and his rod corrects us.
We have the promise of the Holy Spirit, our Comforter.
- The Lord has a table prepared for us on the other side of our valley.
If we will continue to trust God in our valleys, then we have the promise that better days are ahead.
I Peter 5:6-7
- God’s goodness and mercy is always pursuing us.
It’s only after you’ve been through the valley and come out on the other side that you really understand what God was doing in your life in the midst of the valley.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV and Genesis 50:20